Description du job
Our client is an international group and for years has been the official producer and distributor of various construction products including.
To achieve their goals and maintain their development, our client is partnering with Proselect for the recruitment of a:
Standardization Manager (M/F/X)
Votre défi !The main purpose of the Standardization Manager is to lead and coordinate the European Product Standardization for the company and represent it in the European Standardization arena.
The Standardization Manager is responsible to ensure an equal level of playing field for the company through positive influence of products & performance assessment standards development.
In this role, you will travel up to 40% of your worktime.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitor the standardization landscape of activities at EU CEN relevant technical committees for the company business & products ;
- Perform a risk assessment of standardization activities including the company’s growth strategy and propose an action plan to ensure equal level of playing field and maximize business opportunities. Identify gaps within the organization (technical, expertise, organizational) and propose remediation plan;
- Update management at technical, central/regional level on standardization activities, seek alignment on company’s position and drive decision-making process;
- Animate a lively internal college of standardization experts to define the company’s position in relevant channels of influence (trade associations, CEN committees, Mirror committees, …)
- Participate in relevant technical committees (CEN, national committees, trade associations);
- Responsible for selecting internal/external pool of experts or national representatives supporting the function in the standardization work;
- Be an active member of company delegation within the EURIMA Technical & Standardization Committee. The candidate may expect to become delegation coordinator mid-term ;
- Accountable for organizing trainings to the organization on product standards.
To ensure the success of the mission, the Product Standardization Manager will have to interact with both internal and external stakeholders:
- Internal: products & buildings sustainability team; Public Affairs team; manufacturing plants managers and direct reports; local or regional marketing, technical & commercial organizations ; technology and product development teams; HSE departments local and central; Quality and compliance department;
- External: EURIMA and other trade associations, CEN committees, notified bodies and notified testing laboratories, national or European regulatory bodies.
Vos talentsYou hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline preferably in building engineering.
However given the broad spectrum of product requirements the role will cover, we would consider as well candidates from other backgrounds with a proven track record of experience in a similar position.
You have at least 5 years of experience in the construction and building industry. Insulation materials knowledge and/or R&D experience is a strong plus.
You also have a deep knowledge of the European Construction Product Regulation EU 305/2011, and associated product standards development through CEN standardization process as well as knowledge of products and performance assessments standards philosophy, principles and content.
The right candidate will :
- Be fluent in English and French, any other language would be an asset ;
- Have the ability to lead and influence a broad spectrum of organization with limited functional authority ;
- Be capable of raising warnings proactively at the right level of the organization to avoid crisis ;
- Be able to prioritize and think strategically – the standardization activity includes a lot of information to receive, analyze and process. The risk is to be drawn into details. While having an eye for details is necessary, the candidate shall always the strategic growth plan of Knauf Insulation as backbone of the function ;
- Have project & time Management skills and be able to focus on high impact deliverables in due time;
- Have strong networking skills needed to animate college of internal/external experts;
- Show very strong communication and reporting skills (written, oral, presentation) are required for the role.
Notre offreOur client is offering a position in a work environment on a human scale with real career prospects.
Open to new and creative ideas, our client makes it possible for you to propose your input in a professional setting and vividly support employees to take initiatives.
The company offers you a permanent contract with a competitive salary package linked to your experience level and skills.
Interested candidates are invited to use exclusively the « apply » button to submit their application.
Your application will be processed quickly and confidentially.