Legal Counsel - Bruxelles
Our client, The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) are two European Standardization Organizations and their management centre (CCMC) is located in Brussels. Their mission is to foster the European economy in global trading, the welfare of European citizens and the environment. Through their services they provide platforms for the development of European Standards and other technical specifications.
To consolidate their activity, CCMC is joining forces with proselect in order to find their:
Legal Counsel (M/F/X)
Votre défi :
Analysis, Collaboration and counselling!
You report directly to the Head of the department Finance, Legal and IT. Your role is to anticipate and manage the legal risks associated with the business and to produce relevant, secured, tangible and sustainable solutions to enable top management/governance to make informed strategic decisions within an acceptable legal risk profile.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Contractual arrangements: review and draft contracts and guidance documents (partnership, cooperation, licensing, royalties, workshop agreements, …) ;
- Determine short, medium and long-term priorities concerning legal matters/issues relating to CEN and CENELEC activities, product and services - current and future - through consultation with the top management and relevant governing/advisory bodies ;
- Advise on the legal and IPR implications resulting from the associations strategic digital developments, and their impact ;
- Advise on the legal implications of EU law and policies on the associations IPRs, and the exploitation and distribution of their products and services ;
- Coordinate the implementation of the associations Standard Essential Patents policy, develop synergies with relevant stakeholders and make proposals for the review of the Patent policy as needed ;
- Manage the associations trademarks portfolio and coordinate the approval process of third parties’ request to use their trademarks ;
- As GDPR ‘Contact Person’, ensure continuous improvement of the Data Protection Compliance System, policy and practices ;
- Advise and provide support (secretariat) to Ad Hoc groups/Task Forces (e.g. Legal Platform, Joint Commercial Advisory Group, Brexit, …) and coordinates activities and decisions ;
- Represent CEN and CENELEC to relevant fora, seminars, conferences and business meetings (patents, copyright, etc).
Vos Talents :
Fine communicator, you are reliable and willing to take part in the significant and important work of CEN and CENELEC.
You hold a Master degree in Law and have a successful experience from 5 to 7 years as a legal counsel on corporate affairs and a proven record in managing Intellectual Property Rights.
An affinity for technics, an experience in digital content, open-source and knowledge of EU law are significant assets.
Moreover, the ideal candidate will:
- Be fluent in English both written and spoken, and master legal terminology ;
- Have excellent communication skills, translate legal terms for your colleagues, influence and convincing abilities ;
- Manage his organisation and time efficiently and be able to work autonomously and under pressure in a fast-paced environment ;
- Have analytical skills and be a problem solver;
- Be reliable, have high work ethics and respect confidentiality.
Notre offre :
Our client, CEN CENELEC is offering a position in a work environment on a human scale, respectful and open-minded.
The association offers you a permanent contract with a salary package linked to your experience level and skills.
More information: https://www.cencenelec.eu/Pages/default.aspx
This opening is exclusive to proselect. Interested candidates are invited to use exclusively the "apply" button to submit their application.
Your application will be processed quickly and confidentially.