Our client, Nanocyl SA, is an industrial expert in multi-walled carbon nanotubes.
They are a global industry leader in the development, manufacture and sale of multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) and MWCNT-based formulated products.
They are a responsible company with leading health, safety and environmental standards to ensure safe handling and use of their materials. They are the leader of our MWCNT REACH dossier and a leader positioned for the 100-1000 mt production range.
Their mission is to support their customers’ growth with premium industrial MWCNTs, formulated MWCNT products and long-term sustainable performance solutions.
Their industrial strategy is to focus on the current challenges of the Energy, Transport and Electronics markets, while developing innovative and sustainable solutions for the Rubber market.
In order to continue their development, Nanocyl is looking, in collaboration with proselect, for the following profile:
Application and business development engineer (H/F/X)
Your challenge!A human, innovative and versatile challenge!
- Based on the priorities and objectives defined with the BU manager, you coordinate the evaluation of Nanocyl development products (MWCNT and MWCNT dispersions) for battery applications. Such evaluation is performed with external research centers and partners, which you coordinate.
- You manage internally the development of adequate test methods for the targeted application based on the available budget. Based on your expertise, you make suggestions on how to improve the testing capabilities.
- You report to the BU manager and make sound product improvement recommendations to the team based on solid data analysis and business rationale. That means that you perform data analysis, interpretation, report-writing, and delivering presentations internally or externally with sound and timely recommendations;
- You work in collaboration with researchers and lab technicians to plan, coordinate and prioritize the development work. You contribute to lab technicians’ supervision and training for electrode testing related activities. You are responsible for various laboratory equipment.
- You follow up and manage external development projects with partners, customers and prospects involved in the battery value chain. You also actively participate in other externally funded projects related to battery applications.
- In agreement with the BU manager and by transferring the knowledge gained at the technical level, you also manage some business development accounts active in the battery industry or using Nanocyl’s liquid dispersions, and that are still in the development phase. You represent Nanocyl at these accounts and follow up on their project implementation. You have direct interaction with customers to provide technical expertise, assistance and resolution of customer issues.
- You participate in trade events linked to the battery industry. You share your existing or gained expertise to guide the marketing efforts of the team. You contribute to the battery industry and market analysis.
Your talentsGood communicator, team player and open-minded!You have a strong technical background in battery materials selection, processing, testing and/or characterization but you are also interested in business development and interaction with the battery value chain.
- You have a Master degree in material science, chemical engineering or (electro)chemistry, with ideally >3 years of experience in the lithium-ion battery industry.
- You have experience in at least one of the below areas (considered as a strong asset): Li-ion battery electrode processing & electrochemical analysis or Project management and business development throughout the battery value chain.
- You demonstrate excellence in application of theories and principle of technical specialty, with hands-on capability to set up experimental trials in the laboratory.
- You are able to ask probing questions to understand product and market requirements and to convey these customer technical requirements back to the internal organization in order to develop a right approach and to implement a successful project.
- You are able to work independently under general guidance and drive projects to completion;
- you are well organized and have excellent planning skills. You are able to prioritize your work in line with the team objectives.
- You are a good communicator with the ability to present to and interface with different departments (R&D, commercial, quality control and production), with profiles from different backgrounds and seniority levels (scientists, managers, upper management), both internally and externally with international customers and suppliers.
- You thrive on making a difference and display a high degree of self-motivation, maturity, honesty and integrity; you are also a compassionate and true team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- You foster a strong commitment to safety and overall environmental responsibility.
- You have a complete knowledge of MS office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You are fluent in English and French, both verbal and written.
- You are available to travel up to 30%, if necessary.
- No strict “nine-to-five” mentality (we work with the US, Europe and Asia)
Our offerUn job stable dans une entreprise reconnue !Nanocyl offers you the opportunity to find your place within a human-sized and innovative structure, carrying key values such as human orientation, proximity and the spirit of initiative, as well as the possibility of working alongside a pleasant work environment where interactions are numerous.
In addition to a permanent contract and a full salary package in line with your experience and skills, our client offers exciting and varied work in a growing environment.
Proselect manages this mission exclusively. Any interested candidate is invited to send us his application via our “apply” button.
Your application will be processed quickly and confidentially.