Our client is is a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals, minerals and industrial additives. We specialize in the development, manufacture and marketing of performance critical additives, many custom developed, for niche applications in construction, electronics, consumer products, agriculture, automotive, oil and gas, heavy equipment, and industrial and similar end markets.
in an objective of development and expansion, our client is looking for ;
Operations Manager (H/F/X)
Your challenge!Safety, Quality, cultural Fit & Responsabilities !Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for the overall operational responsibilities for the facility.
- Leads, fosters, and develops a culture where safety, health and environment are engrained as a core value with ail employees and where everyone is actively engaged in working safely and preventing at-risk behaviors
- Develops / implements & enforces safety policies in accordance with company protocols
- Ensures site maintains continuous compliance with company EHS policies and procedures as well as all applicable Legal, Regional and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Drives key effective, sustainable implementation of Prince Minerals EHS initiatives, strategies, programmes and procedures via hands-on leadership, coaching, and team work. Reviews safety performance and promote continuous improvement
- Assures adherence to Federal, Regional and Legal regulations regarding safety & environmental compliance
- Sets housekeeping expectations for the factory
- Develops and implements ISO Quality management policies and procedures
- Assures adherence to quality procedures and work instructions as scripted through ISO protocol
- Promotes quality awareness through structured formats and follow-ups
- Assists in proper investigation, root cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions of non-conforming product.
- Reviews quality performance and promotes continuous improvement
- Assures customer satisfaction through metrics and Management review protocol
- Consistently adheres to, displays and promotes a company culture that embraces Intergrity, Learning and Teaching, Candor, Accountability, Respect, Inclusiveness and Perseverance.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Company EHS standards, as well as applicable regulations.
- Understand all requirements under the facilities’ environmental permits and communicating such requirements to facility management. Ensures the proper management and disposal of al waste categories.
- Tracks and communicates site EHS performance to site leadership teams; participate in site communication meetings as required
- Improve safety culture to achieve a zero recordable mentality. Drive Root Cause Analysis for any EHS incidents and significant production downtime issues
- Sets productivity goals for each manufacturing team. Manages production schedule to maximize efficiencies and satisfy customer requirements. Improves process OEE from the current run rate
- Ensure Production organization enables manufacturing of Mn and Cu products on each production line Oversees all the manufacturing activities taking place at a production plant.
- Oversees the performance of all the operators, technicians and supervisors. Motivates, supports and provides guidance to production staff. Coordinates with HR to ensure implementation and execution of talent management programs within areas of reponsability
- Communicating regularly with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting production Evaluating machine resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime
- Develops workflow policies & procedures improving efficiency without compromising safety or quality Ensuring adequate scheduling of staff
- Improve the plant’s expenditure and asset productivity to achieve financial targets
- Optimizes capital expenditures to sustain operations, to drive EHS value and to deliver growth products
- Manage maintenance systems for company assets to increase reliability
- Develops annual / monthly / weekly maintenance plans in consultation with direct supervisors to ensure proper deployment of resources to achieve required levels of production and to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Manages purchases of materials to meet recognized requirements
- Create a maintenance program that is built on predictive/preventative maintenance
- Drive improvement on asset performance and reduction in maintenance cost through improvement in preventative maintenance strategy
- Establish and deploy required degree of reliability metrics as part of the maintenance strategy
- Promotes employee engagement inititatives to increase employee satisfaction. Leads and manages continuous improvement activities
- Manages and supports special projects as assigned
Your talentsWho are you ?
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Strong operations competence: The ideat candidate will have strong experience leading manufacturing plants. He/she will have hands-on experience with and lean manufacturing principles. The candidate will be experienced implementing significant manufacturing improvements.
- Results driven: The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to deliver consistently outstanding operating and financial results. He/she will have introduced substantive improvements to processes, operations, or practices throughout a large portion of his/her business and will be relentless in driving positive change
- People leadership: This leader will have a strong track record as a people manager in the areas of team leadership and building organizational capabilities. The successful candidate will have built high performance and achievement oriented teams that have delivered success. He/she will spend significant time with employees in the field and will routinely solicit ideas, suggestions and help in order to arrive at a better solution. He/she will routinely provide specific behavioral feedback and create development plans to improve the succession plans for people on the team.
- A background in safety, health, and environmental in a manufacturing plant environment is required
Education and Additional Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of industrial experience in manufacturing leadership positions in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or operations management
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing manufacturing & maintenance strategies and optimizing operations to achieve cost reductions and productivity gains while operating in a demanding customer environment
- Functional expert with hands-on experience in supply chain, lean manufacturing, and manufacturing to drive aggressive financial results and continuous improvement experience
- Knowledge of computers, inventory systems, quality systems, OSHA & EPA requirements, ERP & Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Minimum 6+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing operations position Proficient in English language
Our offerOur client offers you a stable contract consisting of an attractive salary, fringe benefits as well as several development possibilities.
Tout candidat intéressé est invité à nous faire parvenir sa candidature via notre bouton “postuler”.
Votre candidature sera traitée avec rapidité et confidentialité.